Monday, June 5, 2023

Cocked And Loaded

There is a paper-thin difference between becoming one of them and doing what I do. I’ve lived in their surroundings and I know their mindset.” Bandy Lee My friend Richard got sober in prison after being sentenced for murder and attempted murder- He was in a black out and doesnt remmember any of it- In prison after a few more black outs (you can get drunk and high in prison) he picked up a dusty old big book from the library and starting reading- He hasnt picked up a drink and has been sober for many years- His story in one of redemption. He has many one liners- I would rather be sober in prison then drunk on the street- He felt more freedom while incarcerated then when he was living in active addiction- Another one I like is there are no big shots or little shots one shot and we are all shot- He wrote Cocked And loaded- After serving 11 years he became a therapist at BHOP- People like Bandy Lee and others who make assessments on whether or not somebody will likely re- offend as a violent offender know when people are getting better and who has rehabilitatd. This is why he did 11 years instead of life- He had a spiritual experience while incarcerated that he touches on from time to time The ironic thing is that he mostly worked with law enforcement and first responders at BHOP- Childhood Trauma in ones life and what one has experienced on their job plays a crucial part in alcoholism/drug addiction- I am going to verify this quote from Richard however I believe that I have it right- Prison saved my life but AA saved my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment