Monday, April 1, 2024

Get In The Game

 My hs football coach used to say not everybody can play football but many wish they could - Kind of like at Ithaca College one young man wore the Bombers jacket but never even tried out and if he did wouldn't make the cut

I was talking to a retired  UC  a career Leo who checked out my site- He said fraud examiner huh are you certified or just a wanna be sitting on the sidelines- He was right being an associate member was not playing in the game-

He also told me to watch out because bad guys may be targeting Domino's drivers- Since then one of our drivers was murdered and that was only a few months ago in broad daylight- I knew I had to step up and get in the game by cramming for the exam and that is exactly what I did- Going to NYC to take the class to get you ready for the test had a Donny Brosco feel to it- The woman helping out could have passed for FBI- There were some real smart people in the class many were already working for companies doing real world investigations - bi and tri lingual merging markets etc

I was too tired to really excel but I think I would have done better w/ out the class because by the end of the class we had to take each section of the exam and by then my mind was fried- I was cranking out 85s in the practice tests and maybe would have passed w/ out going through the wringer but I still loved every minute of it- Alot of encouragement combined w/  positive support  as well as top notch instructors

I got an 83 on the law section which had me wanting to go to law school- Lets put it this way lawyers and forensic CPAs make up the ACFE so the test is definitely not a joke. That section of law is prob like the bar- I did ok in investigations and the two sections of fraud for the practice tests  but not so great in the real test- but still passed . The moral of the story is get in the game because sitting on the sidelines  is  a total waste of time

No comments:

Post a Comment