Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Pet Medical Maphia

My best friend Duke was hit by a truck but somehow miraculously avoided serious injury He walked in stable to this place w/ a bloody mouth and paws- Sales pitches rt away I felt like I was applying to Trump University- They wanted 700 doll- rt off the bat and then had 2 girls give me a sales pitch about borrowing money if I cant afford the bill- I was upset because I wanted a diagnostic done not immediately get presented w/ something that obviously meant the bill was going to be high- I respect the convenience and see the value in paying more- in an emergency even for precautionary measures- However there were red flags up because I knew my dog seemed to be ok even though I was traumatized- In er when a patient/person walks in its triage if they need stitches and nothing else sew them up and send them home- Why are pets different and why is this pet er 4 times plus more expensive then a 24/7 walk in clinic for humans? It is because this place is a corporation beholden to shareholders and the only goal is to make as much money as possible devoid of any human emotion- I felt sales pitches not genuine compassion from these people the entire time except for at the very end w/ Parker. On top of having my best friend in a precarious situation I was a victim of fraud and didn't have my card- I had to go to the bank in the am- Why keep the dog overnight and more and present bills for thousand of dollars when the only thing Duke needed was stitches- How can you be sure w/ out x rays that is why you do a cursory exam to notice any signs of blunt force trauma- There wasn't any not only that the woman who claimed to be a vet told me that Dukes condition was serious- I asked her to cut to the chase and give me an evaluation based off of stable serious and the worst being critical- Why was dukes condition serious if he walked in stable and only needed stitches- Why not triage stitches and send me home- I was told they never do stitches rt away he would have to do the extended stay visit- This is how they make the money and that isn't ethical- So I said if you don't do anything to my dog and I pick him up in the am since I have to go to the bank how much would it be? Another 367 dollars just for the doggie boarding over night- I understand business they have a lot of employees and overhead but that isn't ethical- I was charged 567 dollars for a 2 hour stay and they didn't even do x-rays nor stitches- So my vet in the am had his wife call them to see what they actually did and his wife said nothing just gave him pain meds- This place takes advantage of people during their worst moments and functions like the medical maphia hospital prison system where they rape your insurance companies for every penny they can get- They push the extended stay visits and really want you to borrow because they know the bill will be exorbitant- I heard the woman in the next room crying when they told her how much her bill was- What could be worse then hammering people when they are down and out and who are taken hostage by an animal hospital corporation w/ a predatory ruthless business model devoid of any real empathy or compassion- The vet tech at the end at least told me the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment