Saturday, May 21, 2016

Marijuana Revolution

Weed is addictive pure and simple. Especially for people like me who are alcoholic/drug addict, have Reward Deficiency Syndrome and everything else in between. I read some great material from Dr Blum. He is the man who discovered the alcoholic gene. This has evolved into Reward Deficiency Syndrome which apparently affects up to 1/3 of the population. I always knew it was a lot more then 10%. I have a shortage of Dopamine (D2 receptors) in my brain which means that I cant stop or control any mood/mind altering substance. This means alcohol, narcotics etc.. There is no way that anybody can justify using weed if they have Reward Deficiency Syndrome. I started smoking weed to mitigate my symptoms of untreated alcoholism but found it made my symptoms much worse. Marijuana was a central nervous system depressant for me.. What does this all mean? It means that up to 75% of the people can smoke weed safely. It might be ok for anxiety but not for depression. If you have untreated alcoholism where the symptoms are anxiety and depression then definitely avoid it like the plague. It is good for people with chronic pain and ptsd again as long as they don't have Reward Deficiency Syndrome. What I justified as a mind body spirit holistic experience was really just an excuse to get stoned. As my symptoms got worse so did my consequences. My alcoholism hasn't been treated for 14 or more years, that is what made it so easy for me to seek narcotics. Jails Institutions and homelessness is a guarantee for addicts like me. There is only one solution because abstinence rarely works and if it does it wont for long if there isn't a solid spiritual program already in place. I have a hole in my soul and its called alcoholism. The real mbs/holistic program of Alcoholics Anonymous combined with CBT Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and of course complete abstinence is the only real solution for me. The altruistic program of being of service to others combined with true humility has benefits that far exceed some so called miracle drug. That doesn't mean that one shouldn't trip on Ibogaine in the very beginning to get sober because that really does appear to be  a miracle drug.  

No comments:

Post a Comment